Okay I watched the season 10 preview here: http://vimeo.com/106228787 and THUS follows my unsolicited opinion. I believe Hannah is definitely very attracted to Cas but I saw very little to prove Cas feels the same way. Three reasons:
- Cas called Hannah a good soldier. Angelic friendzoning.
- Carver said Cas “spins off” into a deeper personal experience.
- I only saw them in two scenes, suggesting she’s not around much.
It sounds to me like Hannah is a confused angel with an unrequited crush. I don’t see Cas falling for someone who doesn’t love humanity like he does either. Does any of that make sense? I could be way off my mark here but that’s my takeaway from the season ten preview thingy.
No, I don’t like Hannah getting incest-y with Cas.
But I don’t feel like it’s permanent either.
I just wish Hannah could have been a sister/friend figure to Cas without tossing forced romantic feelings. It’s like women can’t work with Dean, Sam, or Cas without a romantic subplot and that’s disappointing to me. I want to like Hannah but making her googly eyed over Cas is just going to irritate me. Their bond could be just as meaningful on a platonic basis.
I pretty much agree with everything in this post, especially because, right now, I tend to agree with the speculation that she might sacrifice herself and give her grace to Cas early on in the game, which is a little disappointing because, while I don’t have strong feelings for Hannah one way or another, I was kind of hoping she would end up taking charge of Heaven - she might not love humanity the way Cas does, but she seems an all-around good angel, with her heart in the right place. So yeah, it would’ve been interesting to see her fleshed out more this season, and eventually taking charge of Heaven.
On the other hand, I’m not as upset as you, op, are about Hannah getting “incest-y”, mostly because I’ve always speculated the angels aren’t actually brothers and sisters in the traditional meaning we give to the words - I think of it as more “brothers and sister because we’ve been created by the same God”, in the way all humans are “brothers and sisters”, something I’ve heard countless times in my catholic school. So brothers and sisters don’t necessarily imply actual blood relation, so to speak. We’ve seen angels not recognizing/knowing each other before, and I never felt the angels actually treated each other as siblings, with the exception of the archangels (maybe not so much Raphael, more so Michael, but especially Gabriel and Lucifer), who treat each other as actual brothers. Cas himself doesn’t treat many other angels as actual siblings, although I’ll concede he often calls them “brother” and “sister”. But most of his relationship with angels more closely resemble working relationships (Uriel, up until his betrayal, Rachel, even Anna, who I felt he treated more like a superior than an actual sister), with the exception of Balthazar, who he treats with much more familiarity and affection (
but let’s not talk about that and how I don’t see that relationship as *familial* either or I’ll drown you in Calthazar and you don’t want that believe me you don’t take the computer away from me).
*a-hem* Anyway, to me, the fact that TBTP are willing to show Hannah possibly having the hots for Cas sort of validates that non-familial view of the angels, which I’m very happy about! :)
I think the one thing you have to understand about Misha, is that he once asked the internet not to pirate something, and they didn’t.
He then released the same thing a few months later for free on youtube, for those people who weren’t able to afford it.
And he did it for charity.
“His name is West Anaximander Collins. And like a bee, he can smell fear. Unlike a bee, he likes boobs and needs frequent diaper changes. I like him.”-Misha Collins
this is my favorite picture of Misha of all time. Just eyes and expression and Westy….
he just looks so happy.
i can’t stop smiling every time i see this picture
I don’t fight anymore..I watch the bees.
this picture is really beautiful :’)
I love how the Addams Family has ZERO slut-shaming. Like… honey you can dance naked and enslave someone with your womanly charms if you want to, I don’t fucking care, but so help me you’re going to get a college education first.
The Addamses are what every family should aspire to be like (you know; without the dismemberment and electric chairs as play time). Honestly, have you ever seen more unconditionally loving and supportive parents than Gomez and Morticia? And not just with the kids, but with each other. I think what’s especially unique about them is how open they are with everything. They don’t treat their children like children. They treat them like they treat everyone else; direct, and to the point.
I HAVE to reblog this…
It’s creepy how many good examples of parenting and romantic relationships there is in these characters, especially considering they are supposed to be the antithesis of the stereotypical American nuclear family.
but aren’t they just functioning to show that representations of the stereotypical American nuclear family are really fucked up?
For the comments
The Addams Family is the best
no no no nope no
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SEASON MAKES ME EXCITED OMG
The arrival of season ten seems so close, and yet it is still so fucking far. I know times are tough in fandom right now, I know it’s hard to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. I know everyone just wants to love the characters and the show and and enjoy the community the brought us all together. I know it’s hard to stay positive, especially when there are so many tumultuous emotions and responses littered across your dash. The best way to ensure that you are getting the experience out of fandom that you’re seeking without drama that only serves to drag you down, make a few choices for yourself. You deserve to log in to good, happy (if not mostly depressing because Supernatural) environment.
- Use the XKIT or Tumblr Savior extensions to block keywords so these posts won’t appear on your dash (wank*, spn spoilers, negativity for ts, etc)
- Ask the people you follow to tag their wank and negativity more clearly. I trust everyone to be receptive to the honest request.
- Unfollowing people can be a very uncomfortable choice to make. We all know how it feels to be unfollowed, but sometimes, it’s the best choice a person can make for themselves. If you are following someone whose posts make you uncomfortable or constantly affect your mood, unfollowing may be the best option for you.
- If you do unfollow someone, if it makes you feel better, send them a quick message to explain. I’m certain that they will be understanding of your honesty in your choice.
- Engage with the people you follow who stay positive and seek to inspire others.
Here are a few blogs I would recommend to everyone that are wank-free and highly positive about the upcoming season and the show as a whole. (Of course, I can’t account for everyone 100% of the time. We all have bad days and we’re all only human.)
- savingsammyhuntingdestiel (wonderful meta, always positive posts and interactions with followers, lots of Dean, deancas, Cas, and a side of cockles.)
- sleepsintheimpala (the meta is just incredible, speculation is brilliant, all the Dean and deancas.)
- lost-shoe (amazing meta and spec, incredible art, Dean, Dean, DeanDeanDean, hurt!dean, demon!Dean, all the Dean.)
- androbeaurepaire (breathtaking art, Dean feels for days, all the deancas.)
- feandra (Dean and deancas feels forever and a day, incredibly beautiful gifsets.)
- memberoftheangelgarrison (Dean, deancas, Dean and Cas, Cas and Dean.)
- dreamercas (very active in creating positivity within the fandom, always shares positive posts)
- mooseleys (beautiful edits, never seen a bit of wank on this blog, multi-ship blog.)
- amagicbeyond (absolutely wonderful meta, all the deancas, beautiful fics.)
- deathswaywardson (so much Dean. just..so much Dean.)
- outpastthemoat (the most incredible, painful fics.)
- peter-pantomime (just started following, but their meta is amazing, and savingsammyhuntingdestiel recommended them with the promise that I would never regret it.)
Hopefully some of you will find some new blogs and some new people to get to know out of this list. If you know of anyone I should add, feel free to let me know. I’m always open to follow suggestions myself. If you would like to be added, let me know. Just be sure to keep it happy. Or, you know, non-wanky.
As an exercise in positivity, I would like to remind everyone about the upcoming Celebrating Supernatural Countdown Challenge. We will be sharing gifs, meta, fics, art, etc., in order to celebrate ten years of Supernatural in the 23 days leading up to the premiere. Check the link for more info! The Challenge starts September 14th!
And finally, if any of you are ever feeling alone or disheartened because of what’s going on in the show or in fandom, please please please, come talk to me. I am here for you. And I will do my damnedest to make you smile again.
Take care, ya’ll.
Love the advice on this post! Keep this in mind everyone. I’ve seen so many people lamenting on the lack of positivity on their dashes lately. Follow people that make you happy, and unfollow those who don’t. Remember: Tumblr is supposed to be fun!
Speaking of which, all the blogs on the above list that I have bolded are my absolute favorites! They are the blogs I stalk when I am too busy for my dash or don’t want to go there because of wank. Check them out if you want beautiful and positive supernatural blogs to follow.
A few of my other favorites would include:
- pirrofarfalla (Obviously Lexa didn’t rec herself, so I’m going to!
This is the perfect blog everyone. Insightful meta, fascinating spec, beautiful gifs, tags that rip your heart into a million pieces, tons of sarcasm, and a caring heart. Also, dean feels forever and as much deancas as possible. I loved following Lexa from the very first day, but even more now that she is one of my best friends!)
- dahliasheng (Lovely lady who makes amazing gifs, tutorials, and hilarious posts.)
- lookatthesefreakinghipsters (I love the meta here. It is beautifully researched and points are always well-argued. Most of them end up in my favorites tag.)
- subjecttochange8 (Awesome meta and an all-around lovely blogger. This girl is also an amazing fic writer and her fic from last year’s DCBB is one of the few that I added to my fic rec page.)
I hope this list and the advice above can help out some of my amazing followers. Please come talk to me at any time if you need cheering up, someone to listen, or just want to make a friend. Love all you lovelies!
Guess this is why I got so many new followers last night! *Waves!* Hi new followers! *Waves again* Also, hi old followers!
This is a really nice idea and post, I’m really glad to see that there is a lot of positivity still in the fandom, because sometimes, with the way in which wank spreads, it can make it feel like a really negative place.
I want to re-iterate some advice I gave earlier as well, if you’re feeling upset or unhappy over wank or spoilers, walk away for a bit. Do something that you enjoy and that makes you happy, because your mental health and well-being is of the utmost importance. Self-care is really important and here is a page with some good techniques for stress and anxiety management. I’m a huge advocate for taking time to take care of yourself and if the wank on tumblr is making you feel unhappy, you need to find something to relax that stress. When you feel like you want to come back, as pirrofarfalla said, use XKIT or tumblr savior to make your dash the experience you want it to be.
Here are a few other lovely bloggers who haven’t been mentioned yet that you might want to consider following:
purplesummer91 is a really sweet and lovely person and she always brings a ray of sunshine to my dash, even in the darkest periods of fandom wank. She also writes really lovely meta.
sniperdean has a great blog and is super nice and has the most amazing (and emotionally resonant!) art (lilyletigre is her art blog). Check her amazing picture of demon!Dean here!
Hope everyone has a great weekend and if you’re not having a very good weekend, make sure you do something just for yourself that makes you happy!
Omg, I just saw this, this is so sweet, thank you lovely :’)
There are sooo many great blogs already listed here, many of which I would recommend myself, if they hadn’t already been recommended buuuut I can add:
dustydreamsanddirtyscars is very positive and lovely
yaelstiel is also very amazing
and crossroadscastiel is positive, too, and a wonderful blog to follow because she’s so amazing and smart and fantastic, but unfortunately she gets a lot of shitty anons :( so make sure to blacklist wank, ect, like pirrofarfalla said!
Us positive folks have to stick together!! ;) <3
ETA: IT’S SO LATE HERE AND I’M SURE I’LL THINK OF MORE NAMES IN THE MORNING BUUUT ALSO
bakasara go follow her too!! :D